Last Modified: June 1st, 2018
- Permission to Use the Website. This Site may only be used by people who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. It is solely your responsibility to determine whether your use of the Site is lawful, and you must comply with all applicable laws.
- Scope of Agreement. This agreement governs your use of the Site and is the entire agreement between you and the Company. This agreement supersedes all previous agreements with respect to use of the Site. If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the provisions of this agreement and any other agreements with the Company, the provisions of this agreement will govern regarding access to the Site, and other agreements will govern regarding all other matters.
- Changes to Terms of Service.
- Right to Change Terms. The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to changes these Terms of Service (“Updated Terms”) from time to time.
(b) Notice of Updated Terms. The Company may update these terms at any time with or without effective notice to you.
(c) Acceptance of Updated Terms. Each time you access the Site, you agree to be bound by the terms in effect. You must review this agreement on a regular basis to keep yourself informed of any changes. If you no longer agree to these terms, please do not use the Site.
(d) Effective Date of Updated Terms. The Updated Terms will be effective as of the time of posting, or such later date as may be specified in the Updated Terms (“Effective Date”), and will apply to your use of the Site from that point forward.
- Use of Site.
(a)License. During the term of this agreement, the Company grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access the Site for your personal and non-commercial use in accordance with the Terms of Service. Your use of the Site does not transfer to you any ownership or other rights in the Site or its content.
(b)You agree, as a condition of your use of the Site and/or the Company’s services, that the Company and any of its affiliates may use any contact information you provide to contact you regarding promotion of the services offered by such affiliates. Messages from the Company will always clearly denote the services being promoted in such message, including those of Right Legal Corp. You may unsubscribe from messages from the Company at any time.
(c)Intellectual Property Rights.The design, trademarks, service marks and logos of the Site (“Marks”) are owned by or licensed to the Company, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the laws of Canada, foreign laws and international conventions. You agree not to engage in the use, copying or distribution of any of the Marks other than when expressly permitted.
- You may not engage in any of the following prohibited activities:
- Copying, distributing or disclosing any part of the Site or framing, mirroring, scraping or data mining of the Site or any of its content in any form and by any means is strictly prohibited;
- Using any automated system, including without limitation “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” etc., to access the Site;
- Transmitting spam, chain letters or unsolicited emails;
- Attempting to interfere with, compromise system integrity or security, or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Site;
- Taking any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on site infrastructure, such as a DDoS attack;
- Uploading invalid data, viruses, worms, or other software agents through the Site;
- Collecting or harvesting any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Site;
- Using the Site for any commercial solicitation purposes;
- Impersonating another person or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity, conducting fraud, or hiding or attempting to hide your identity;
- Interfering with the proper working of the Site;
- Accessing any content on the Site through any technology or means other than those provided or authorized by the Site; or
- Bypassing measures used to prevent or restrict access to the Site, including, without limitation, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the Site’s content.
- Your Account. Registration requires providing the Company with current, complete and accurate information. You will choose a password and a user name. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and agree to notify the company immediately of unauthorized use or any other breach of security.
(a) Liability for Account Misuse. The Company will not be liable for any loss you may incur as a result of someone else using your account or password, with or without your knowledge. You could be held liable for losses incurred by the Company or another party due to someone else using your account or password.
- Account Security. The Company cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat the Site’s security measures or use any other personal information you provide for improper purposes. You acknowledge that you provide personal information at your own risk.
- Paid Services. The Company reserves the right at any time to charge fees for access to information on the Site, but in no event will you be charged without prior agreement. You may cancel your account at any time.
- Limitations on Service. You acknowledge the Company may establish limits concerning use of the service.
- User Content. You retain all ownership rights to content uploaded to the Site.
- Content License. By submitting content to the Site, you grant the Company a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable, and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the content in connection with the Site and the Company’s (and its successors’ and affiliates’) business, including, without limitation, for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Site (and its derivative works) in any media formats and through any media channels.
(b)Links. The Site may contain links to third-party websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that the Company is not responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources, or (ii) the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources. Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by the Company of those websites or resources. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
(c)Third-Party Content. Through the Site, you will have the ability to access and/or use content provided by third parties. The Company cannot guarantee that such third party content will be free of material you may find objectionable or otherwise. The Company disclaims any responsibility or liability related to your access or use of any third party content.
(e) Copyright Policy. The Company respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects users of the Service to do the same. All property rights are protected under the Copyright Act.
(a) Termination upon Notice. Either party may terminate this agreement at any time by notifying the other party.
(b) Termination by the Company. The Company may terminate or suspend your access to or ability to use the Site immediately without prior notice or liability. Termination of your access to and use of the Site will not relieve you of any obligations arising or accruing prior to termination, or limit any liability that you otherwise may have to the Company or any third party. Upon termination of your access to or ability to use the Site, your right to access the Site will cease immediately.
(c) Survival of Provisions. This agreement’s provisions that by their nature should survive termination will survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, and limitations of liability. Termination of your access to and use of the Site shall not relieve you of any obligations arising or accruing prior to termination or limit any liability that you otherwise may have to the Company or any third party.
(d)Disclaimers. The Site is provided on an “as is” basis without any warranties of any kind. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, the Company disclaims all such warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, accuracy, freedom from errors, suitability of content, or availability.
- Limitation of Liability. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will the Company be liable for:
- Any direct, special, indirect or consequential damages, or
(b) Any other damages of any kind, including, but not limited to, loss of use, loss of profits or loss of data, whether in an action in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence) or otherwise, arising out of or in any way connected with the use of or inability to use the Site. Such damages also include, without limitation, any damages caused by or resulting from reliance by you on any information obtained from Site, or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files or email, errors, defects, viruses, delays in operation or transmission or any failure of performance.
- Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Company, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and their officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents from and against any and all claims, causes of action, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including legal fees and costs) and all amounts paid in settlement arising from or relating to use of the Site. The Company may assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which users have agreed to indemnify the Company and you agree to assist and cooperate with the Company in the defense or settlement of any such matters.
- Governing Law. This Agreement, your access to and use of the Site, and all related matters are governed solely by the laws of Alberta and applicable federal laws of Canada, excluding any rules of private international law or the conflict of laws that would lead to the application of any other laws. Any dispute between you and the Company or any other person arising from, connected with or relating to the Website, this Agreement, or any related matters (collectively “Disputes”) will be resolved by an arbitrator in the country where you reside.
- Dispute Resolution. For any dispute you have with the Company, you agree first to contact the Company and attempt to resolve the dispute informally. If this is not possible, the claim must be resolved through arbitration.
(a)Arbitration Award. The award rendered by the arbitrator will include costs of arbitration, reasonable legal fees and reasonable costs for experts and other witnesses. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
(b)Injunctive Relief. Nothing in this Section prevents either party from seeking injunctive or other equitable relief from the courts for matters related to data security, intellectual property or unauthorized access to the Service.
(c)Class Actions. All claims must be brought in the parties’ individual capacity, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding, and, unless the parties agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims.
(d)Waiver of Jury Trial. You agree that, by entering into these terms, you and the Company are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action.
16. Violation of Terms. The Company’s failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive the Company’s right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
17.Other Matters. If any other provision of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, that provision is deemed to be severed from this agreement and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect, unless as a result of any such severance this agreement would fail in its essential purpose. Any rights not expressly granted by this agreement are reserved to the Company.
18.Feedback. We welcome any comment(s), question(s) and communication at www.rightlegal.ca/contact.
Your satisfaction is very important to us and thus we stand behind our service satisfaction guarantee. The Company may provide a refund to you within 30 days of selecting your Lawyer, if you provide proof of non-delivery of legal services due to a change in your circumstances, whereby you no longer require legal representation and a file was not open with the Lawyer. Reasonable administration costs of a minimum of $25 to a maximum of $50 per request will be deducted from any refunds.
Last Modified: June 1st, 2018
- How We Use Your Information. When you provide information to the Company, including contact information, we may use that information to facilitate your use of its services and the services of its affiliates and subsidiaries, as well as improving the offerings of such services. We will not use your information for any purposes unrelated to the business of the Company or its affiliates and subsidiaries. The information you submit to us may be used to inform you of the other offerings of the Company. You may unsubscribe from such contact at any time.
- Information Collected Automatically Through the Website. Non-personal information regarding website users, such as the date and time you access the website, the internet address of the website from which you linked to the Site, the operating system you are using, and the pages read and images viewed may be automatically collected. This information is used for website administration purposes and to improve the Site.
- You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. However, if your browser is set to not accept Cookies, or if you reject a Cookie, you will not be able to sign in to your account or use certain parts of the Company’s services.
- We may also use third parties to display and target ads, provide certain functionality (such as maps), or to place third-party Cookies and other tracking technologies to collect, track and analyze usage and statistical information from users. We are not responsible for the information collection practices of any third parties used on the Site. Please review these sites’ privacy policies to find out how they use your information.
Right Legal Corp collects the following data from clients. Anything marked below as “optional” is not required to be submitted by the client but the collection of such information through Right Legal Corp’s software portal is possible.
1. Name and date of birth
2. Address and postal code, including city and province of residence
3. email address and phone number
4. individual preferences as to gender, minority status, disability status, spoken language(s), and religious affiliation as characteristics of potential lawyer connections (optional information)
5. occupation (optional)
6. information as to the nature of the client’s legal issue
- Personal Information You Specifically Provide. In your dealings with the Company, and in order to connect you with a lawyer and assist you in working with a lawyer, information is retained through the Site. The Site engages technologies and platforms owned by third-party service providers. We cannot control or dictate how your lawyer or any third party website will treat your information. We advise you to contact those parties directly to review their privacy policies. Information that is provided to the Company by a lawyer working on your behalf will also be held and stored by the Company.
- Refusal to Provide Information. You may choose not to provide certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of the Site, since such information may be required in order for you to register as a member.
- Retaining Your Information. If you choose to create an account with the Company, we will retain all contact information submitted to us, including name, email address and mailing address. We will not use this information to contact you for any reason unrelated to your use of the Company or its affiliates and subsidiaries. We will not provide this contact information to any third-party except for the lawyer or lawyers who provide you with legal services. We will not use your identifying or confidential information for any commercial reason unrelated to the Company or its affiliates and subsidiaries.
- Deleting Information. If you want us to permanently delete your information from our servers at any time, please send an email to email@example.com. We shall ensure your information is deleted in a reasonable time after receiving the request.
- As long as the account remains active, we will preserve your account information and all of its stored documents. The Company aspires to be a reliable, safe place to store your preferences, service history, and legal documents online for future reference. To serve that purpose, we will not delete your account or your personal information unless you instruct us to do so.
- Keeping Your Information Secure. The Company employs reasonable security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in its possession or under its control in order to protect that information from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. Only those persons that need to have access to your personal information in order to carry out their duties will have access. Nevertheless, security risks cannot be eliminated and the Company cannot guarantee that your personal information will not be used or disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Policy.
- Encryption. The Site and portal (portal.rightlegal.ca) are encrypted via Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) and sent using HTTPS when transmitted from our servers to your browser. Emails sent from the Company or its affiliates and subsidiaries to users are not encrypted in the above form, as many users are unable to access encrypted emails.
- Right Legal is not for Minors. The services offered on the Site are not intended to be accessed by minors. We, therefore, do not take any special precautions to protect the information of persons under the age of 18. In the event that a person under the age of 18 submits any information, we will delete that information immediately upon being advised of that person’s age.
- Other Matters. To accommodate changes in the Site, changing technology and legal developments, this policy may be changed from time to time at the Company’s discretion and without any prior notice or liability to you or any other person. The Company’s collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information will be governed by the version of this policy in effect at the time of collection. New versions of the policy will be posted on the website and are available upon request from the Company. We recommend that you check our website from time to time to inform yourself of any changes in this policy.
- Contact Us.We encourage you to send inquiries on the policy and the steps we take to keep your information secure. Inquiries can be sent via email as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org.